Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Oooff !!!

Missing out on India's most prolific run chase in recent years, a flat tyre, a PC which shut down while I was listening to songs, an earphone whose left speaker went on strike, a re-arrange of the paraphernalia in my duffel bag, a splitting headache, a blog which made me senti, an occupational issue, irrelevant questions, lots of answers and an abundance of explanations is all that happened to me since the last post.

Yuvi has come of age, and how !!! This Indo Pak series has been totally his. He has overshadowed every other performance, including Shoaib Malik's three 90+ scores. The young guns have fired, and in great style. Dhoni, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Pathan, everyone has some reason to punch his fist in the air and say "Yes". It was a delight to see Dravid splashed on all the papers. It is after a long time that Dravid has openly rejoiced and with such passion. For the first time, Indian cricket walks with a chip on its shoulder, provoking, almost throwing down a challenge to other teams in the world. This was India's thirteenth successful run-chase in a row, and I just hope this form continues till the World Cup.

I was re-doing this huge duffel bag I have, and I found this book, which I had bought at Crossword long back, but had never read it. Actually, it was because I had bought Chetan Bhagat's One Night at a Call Center and another one by Sudha Murty along with it, and after all that light reading, Gabriel Garcia Marquez was tough to relate to. Anyway, redid all the other stuff in the bag, and dusted it off. Got a blocked nose that night, and a splitting headache the next morning.

Then there was this blog on trains which made me senti, and I wrote a big comment on it. Now, I feel I could have written it here, and just given a link. Add to that small things like a PC which went off the LAN even as I was listening to its songs, and a creaky earphone, whose left part doesnt work. Using the right earphone in the left ear becomes a "pain in the neck", so I had to get my new Sony earphones out of my bag, and into the office. (This was why I even thought of re-doing the bag in the first place)

And all this week, I will be repeating the same long answers, to the same irrelevant questions and explaining the damn old things to every person who raises the occupational issue, until Friday. Then, its another weekend, and a brand new week...

Currently listening: Kaise bhoolegi mera naam - Euphoria
Currently reading: One hundred years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

PJ of the Day:
Hyderabadi 1: Kya ji, ine newsaan mein kya dikhaare so ... bird flu ki... kya ki?
Hyderabadi 2: Woch samasta nahi so, abhi bird flew nahi kartin to kya caraan bussan flew kartin kya?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that you've got a blog too, the next time you get senti!

And how do u expect the PC to behave in a 'citizen'-like way, if it can't conserve power?!

And yes, not to forget, giggle!

Anonymous said...

And I thought Pune blokes dint blog...
looks like ur out to prove me wrong~

:-), nice to bump into a fellow city blogger!