Tuesday, February 07, 2006

LOST

I have a friend. But lately, she's kinda drifting apart.
I know her for long. But I feel she's miles out of my reach.
I talk to her often. But we rarely go beyond pleasantries.

She is definitely not the one I knew before. We used to talk about everything under the sun, but now the talks are silent, the silence is killing. We could end it and go our ways, but then, we could also make it work, if she only speaks.

I am the kind of guy who likes to look at the lighter side of things, and she was one who acknowledged the efforts. Nowadays, nothing has any effect on her. She flares up for the flimsiest of reasons, she argues on the relevancy of my jokes. She explains the real meaning of a phrase when I have woven a joke around it.

This can go on until we both reach our boiling points, and one day, it will fall apart. I dont want to take it up with her, because she will either say "Nothing" or will classify it "Personal", which means there are no more discussions on it. I just dont want it to end with such stupidity that we can't even laugh about it five years down the lane.

Is it something I did? Or said? I dont know. One more face in the mind, is on the verge of fading away. One more photo will go down the memory lanes with LOST stamped on it.

John Abraham in Jism..."rishtey hamesha buri tarah hi khatam hote hain, ya phir khatam hi nahi hote."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't steam over the fact that she does not enjoy ur jokes anymore, it's her opinion.

Ask her straight out what the problem is. The sooner you have it sorted out, the better it is for u to get ur life organised.

Viky said...

It not just abt the jokes, Lee, there's more to it.

I dont wanna ask anyone, only to get "Nothing" in reply. And we all know when a girl says 'Nothing', theres always something.

Lives will go on, Lee, its only that I dont want this to be a blotch, when I look back.

Anyway, thats another day's topic.