Thursday, July 27, 2006

Winning

Winning is so good isn't it?

Last weekend saw me playing badminton after a long time, and with a new partner. I usually tire out after three back-to-back games, there is only so much an amateur can take. It was raining, so there was not much of a rush, courts were relatively free. Usually getting to play three full games is a big thing in itself. But Saturday, I played, in a row and won all three. Heh heh heh.

I had almost cooled down and ready to leave, while my partner called me for another game he was playing with a different set of guys. Needless to say, we won that match too. All this after a cardio workout at the gym, and on one red mug of Nescafe Classic. In retrospect, I think I should have bought a lottery ticket too, that day. Nothing seemed to go wrong at all.

On Sunday, everything was as usual. I lost my team more points than I gained it. Heh heh heh. I played with different partners, and ended up on the losing side. And mind you, after the second loss, I didn't feel like another game. That in itself, was instrumental in losing the third game.

Like I said, winning is so good. It goads you on and on, and you feel so unstoppable. Monday morning saw me with a blister on my right hand. Time to change the grips on the racket, I guess.

Unless I win, in which case of course, the racket is not what matters, talent is.

2 comments:

Shruthi said...

Ohhoooo Talent indeed :D
Combined with luck ;)
Take care of the blister! Oh that's so familiar - badminton = blister. That reminds me, its probably been ten years since I played badminton :(

Viky said...

Ten years :-O

Get a racket and start playing, lady.