Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mysore and Me

Adi publishes my comment on Anu's post here. Thanks a ton, Adi, you have spared me of converting yet another comment of mine into a post.

Anu wrote this at a time where I had made it a point that I will not convert my post-length comments on others' blogs into posts on my own blog. And as much as I wanted to write about Mysore and my love for it, I stopped myself. I would still have written about it, another day, but then, it would not have been verbatim.

So go ahead, and read all about my love for Mysore, here and here.

6 comments:

Shark said...

I got your comment as forward from one of my friends.... didn't know it was you.
And incidently before I knew it was you... I had that on my blog!:)

It's simply great man.. the way you have written....

Viky said...

Shark: Thank you. Mysore strikes a special chord with me. ;)

Vamshi Pradyumna Vellore Srinivasan said...

Hey Viky, very nicely written, if it's OK I want to put it in my blog and make it accessible to more people. Of course credits are yours.
--Vamshi

Viky said...

Vamshi: Sure, go ahead. :)

Anonymous said...

Talking Web Site newly introduced in Mysore for the Tourism www.mysoretourism.org. Even though I finished my doctrate in Mysore currently I am in US I miss Mysore very much ofcourse as the website clearly says Mysore is a King City. Mysore Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Panchalinga Darshan, a festival celebrated once in 12 years, is being observed on November 20th 2006. Talkad, 28 kms from Mysore is famous for the five lingas - Sri Vaideshwara, Pathaleshwara, Maruleshwara, Arakeshwara, Mudukuthore Mallikarjuneshwara. Darshan is held on new moon of Karthika. Details are available at www.mysoretourism.org