Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Years Gone By

Old photographs make for a fun filled post-lunch session. Recently when I was home, I went through our regular routine of cupboard re-organisation. A bagful of old albums are taken out, spread on the double bed, and the flashback begins, often not ending until dinner is served.

This time was no exception, I found a small paper sachet with a few additions to my Dad's collection of passport size photographs. Dad has this habit of retaining one photograph everytime he takes a fresh set of eight photographs. So, the cover had about 10-12 photos of Dad at various stages of life - resulting in this panorama.

It is amazing how time wears a face out, how you can look back year on year and see how faces change. Some lines are welcome, some take a little sheen off the personality. Hairlines recede, the skin puffs up, the different hairstyles symbolic of the era all leaving you with memories of each phase.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sipping hot,light tea as there was more milk than water, I and veena chanced upon your collections nicely beaded.
True,this classically depicts how age
affects silently yet significantly
and irreversibly.
--anna

Shruthi said...

That is a wonderful idea. I wonder if it is too late for me to start doing this.

Goks said...

great find :)

Santhosh Puttaraju said...

Metamorphosis! Nicely recorded :)

Unknown said...

This is excellent, I liked your idea, Writing from raleigh NC US,

today got some time to visit some of the IE favorite sites after dinner

Prasanna