Thursday, November 01, 2007

And one more

You know I'm maha impressed with the Swedes, their innovation and the Slow Down Culture.
Here's one more. My good friend Beryle forwards me this. And she's asked me to thank her. (Thanks, Beryle). Before you ask, this is an ad in a Swedish magazine for some job openings in ABB, the automation giant.

It says, "Is your future in Beijing(Chinese script), Västerås(Swedish) or BengaLuru (KannaDa)?"

While we can all take pride in the fact that 'phoren log' did actually make the effort of putting in the name of the city in the language of the land, I cannot help but wonder - what if the idea was put forth by a kannaDiga, working away in an outsourced office in BengaLuru. :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jai Karnataka!!

And you forgot to mention about yesterday's home page article on Wikipedia - Karnataka..... :)

chethan said...

Hmm...true. Looks like a baraha font. Not the XP tunga font.

Viky said...

Goks, Hmm, that too.
Chethan, :D