Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Westward Ho !!!

The lights below were as if someone was holding a mesh of golden beads, shining away in all their glory. Wait, was that the Sayyaji Rao Road meeting Urs Road at KR Circle?

It was indeed one road meeting another at a roundabout, but from 2000 ft above the ground, you would not know for sure. For, the first illuminated aerial view of the city of London reminded me of my own Mysore, decked up for Dasara.

I'm in the UK now, on company assignment. I arrived over the weekend, and have settled well, thank you. Work might not permit me to blog on company time, but I do have unsupervised internet access at home, so Shru, the comments shall freely flow now...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends once remarked regarding Mysore Dussehra, humourously though, "Mysore nalli habba andre lightu mattu neeru. KanDa jaagadalli ella bulb hakbiDtaare amele prati circle nalli ondu fountain. Adu habba mysoorina janarige!"

Though it sounds condascending, but when you look at the ground reality, it's the truth. And frankly, the festive feeling that those lights give cannot be matched by any other kind of decoration I guess!

Anonymous said...

Oops... talking about Mysore I completely forgot about wishing you a nice stay at UK! Take care mate! :)

Shruthi said...

Whoa! I have to be extra careful with the spelling, huh? ;)

Have a lovely time - don't cite lack of time - just travel - see as much as you can. How long will you be there?

Is this the season? Everybody seems to be heading out towards UK!

Viky said...

Mysorean, heh heh, lightu-fountainu eshTu common alva? Adru jote prati araLikaTTe ge ondu speakerru...

Ee mooru idre yavatt beko avattu habba maDabahudu.. :D

Shru, you bet. I'm here for a year. Hey, that rhymed. And no, this isn't the best season, wonder why everyone is heading here. Thu, keTT chaLi. *chatter chatter*

Shark said...

This can't be true! I felt exactly the same when I flew over London myself this weekend.
I didn't think of sayyaji rao circle and all.. but just thought of mysore and it's lights during dasara habba...:)

Hope you have a great time in UK and hope to read more on your blog now..:)

Viky said...

Shark, You bet... :D