Friday, November 10, 2006

bewDon ka woh aDDa

You ask me where I was all these days? I tell you I was at the bar. You gawk?

So I was hopping here and there, bored and yawning, and I came across this cozy bar via Adi.

(This takes our score to 2-1 in his favour. How you ask? Like Adi carries my post on Mysore here - Adi 1 - Viky 0, Like I beat him for the GOLD on this post - 1-1)

I'm lucky to generally have some spare time in office, which I book under "Non-project Activity". Much of this is reading blogs, checking out gadget reviews, drawing up comparison sheets to help friends buy some goods, checking my account balance in the hope that some good samaritan may have transferred some money, reading trivia on sports or film stars on Wikipedia - the stuff. I always enjoy posts of Indian students and professionals living abroad - their life, the kind of things they come across, the slight fear of being alone in a distant, unfamiliar environment, the tingling excitement of explaining your native habits and culture - you know, the works. I keep coming back and read them, often discuss anecdotes of the scores of NRI blogs I read, but none were so captivating that I had to reschedule the other NPAs. After Thought Raker and Waiter Rant, this was one blog which beckoned me to keep coming back.

And I'm left with the same feeling which I had after Waiter Rant. It's like finishing a good book. Like one of my trainers said - I'm sad that you have never read Harry Potter, but I'm also happily jealous, because you can experience the joy of reading them for the first time, while I can't. When you finish lapping up all the archived stuff, you are glad, but there is this hunger for more. Hunger, which will not satiate at one post. Which is why I read the waiter once in four-five weeks, when there is enough on my plate. I thought I'd never find anything which would feed my hunger for short-storyesque prose like ThoughtRaker, but I found Waiter Rant. I thought the same about Waiter Rant, but found Sayeshaz.

Which prompted me to tweak Hariharan's ghazal and put it as my debut comment on her bar - "maikade band karein laakh zamane waale, shehar mein kam nahin blogon se pilane waale".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sayesha bhai khush hogi! (Mogambo style)

Shruthi said...

Did it really take you this long to discover Sayesha? Were you living in a cave all along? :D

Sayesha said...

Whoa yahan kya ho raha hai?

Sashbhai khush hua!

*khad khad khad khad*
(Sound of fingernails on chair arms a la Mogambo)

This is a freaky coincidence! I was thinking of writing a post on the exchange of the string of sher-o-shayri on that post of mine and came here to get your URL, and what do I see? :D

*khad khad khad khad*

Viky said...

Mysorean, khush ho gayi... :D

Shru, I also saw your footprints there...when were you here? Ah!! Before you met the waiter. :D *ducks under the table*

Sash, garibkhane mein aapka swagat hai, soch raha hoon saqi ko kya pilaya jaaye?

Anonymous said...

sayesha ji!

aapke ny fotu dekhkar ab ham "patel fotu" lene ke bajaay "sayesha fotu" lete hain!

just pulling your leg, don't worry, you'll only become an inch or so taller!

- s.b.