Monday, October 03, 2005

Weekending in Goa - IV

The story so far...part 1, 2, and 3...

This has taken a loooong time in coming, but finally it did, and that is all that matters... der aye durust aye...And because this is already overdue, this will be short.

We did find a hotel eventually on the road, and while I went in along with the girls and found some arrangements for tea and breakfast, the guys had an adventure of their own. The STD booth guy found us a Maruti Mechanic who did not know head or tail of our Sumo's engine. Then Ayhay went on a motorbike-taxi and found a mechanic who could repair the Sumo. It took the most of the morning and by mid-afternoon the guys arrived at the hotel. Had some more tea and kanda-poha and left the hotel for Kolhapur.

Reached Kolhapur at around 7 in the evening after a gruelling drive, after taking regular "wrong turns" thanks to the driver's ignorance. It was then that the vehicle developed the same problem again, and while the driver went in search of a mechanic, we had our dinner a bit early, at a seemingly good hotel. I dont know whether the food was really good, or we were hungry, but it felt so blissful.

After a series of phonecalls and bad mouthing the owner of the vehicle, he suggested that we hire another vehicle, and come to Pune, and he would bear the charges. We hurriedly booked another Sumo, and returned home at around 2.30 in the morning (wee hours of Tuesday).

I have since been to Mysore once, and to Khandala as well, but I just haven't got the time to scribble these lines. Sometimes I was busy, sometimes the firewall wouldn't let me into the site.

Anyway now that this is here, I am happy. No me, no fun. Know me, know fun.
Keep checking.

No comments: